A Place For Gamers By Gamers

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK NO LIABILITY WILL BE ACCEPETED FROM Team-PSN IF YOUR ACCOUNT OR PS3 GETS BANNED FROM PSN/SEN

i, this tut is based on my own personal findings from many threads I've read, credit is not due. wink1

First thing that needs to be done to convert is, obtaining your eid_root_key. This can be obtained two easy ways without having to run Linux as Other OS on PS3.

Method one and this is what i used to snag the root key, I'm on 4.46.1 Rebug REX. If you use this FW follow these steps. NOTE this is based on Rebug.

Downgrade using 999 downgrader. After downgrade i choose to install Rebug 3.55.4 just to make sure I was set on 3.55 CFW.

Once on 3.55 again, use this eid key dumper to obtain the root key.

3.55 eid root key dumper pkg  MediaFire : Download Link

Once installed on PS3 make sure to remove all USB from all ports, run the tool.

You will see a black screen for a few seconds then hear the PS3 beep and restart.

To find your eid root key follow path as shown via FTP client, dev_hdd0/tmp/eid_root_key. pull that out and place it somewhere on your desk top.

4.50 CFW method is same as above but you need this eid key dumper.

4.50 eid key dumper pkg  MediaFire: Download Link

After obtaining your root key, and upgrading to Rebug CFW of your choice now you can prepare for NOR/NAND Flash dump.

Connecting USB to PS3, go into the toolbox all the way to the right down to Export Flash to File as shown in the picture below

[Tutorial] CEX 2 DEX Debug IMG_2982_zpsd8286197

Once you have this file on your USB take it to your PC things need to be done to it. This is from the Rebug.me site

SWAP LV2 KERNEL:
Swaps between CEX and DEX LV2 Kernel. This option will only work if your Target ID is set to DEX

REWRITE TARGET ID IN FLASH:
This option requires you have a valid NOR/NAND dump named correctly on dev_usb000. Use EXPORT FLASH TO FILE function found in the UTILITIES menu to dump your NOR/NAND to dev_usb000 and then use cex2dex to convert your dump to DEX.

Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)

Once you have prepared your NOR/NAND dumps place them on a USB device and connect it to dev_usb000.

Now that you have your valid dumps named properly and connected to dev_usb000 it is a simple as selecting the option and following the onscreen prompts. Takes less than 10secs once you have your dumps prepared.

After renaming your dump to above now we can start to convert it to DEX. Small tool cex2dex is needed.

cex2dex (PC app) mediafire: Download Link

After downloading and placing cex2dex in a folder on your desktop, it's time to begin.

Place the file that you renamed CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN  (NANDBIN) for NAND into the cex2dex folder along with the ei_root_key you pulled via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Start the program, there will be two lines for info to be loaded start with the top line click the button and goto the directory you placed the files, in this case we know they will be on the desktop in the cex2dex folder. NOTE when you nav to this folder you will see there is no view-able files type in the bottom line *.* and hit enter files will show.

Select  CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (NAND) for NAND. Then click Extract METLDR rename it METLDR (metldr) click save.

With the second line, click that and nav to desktop cex2dex and type *.* in the bottom line to view the files, this time select the eid_root_key file.

Once you have both files loaded into cex2dex you can now hit the CEX>DEX button, let it do it's work. Rename this file DEX-FLASH.EID0. It will save as a .BIN file, and will need to be converted to a .NORBIN file (NANDBIN) for NAND.

this can be done with ease by using this program if you don't already have a file manager installed on your PC

File Commander download  MediaFire: Download Link

I put the .BIN file on my USB then converted it with file commander you can do as you please here, make sure its renamed NORBIN (NANDBIN) for NAND.

With your new DEX flash dump renamed and placed back on USB insert to your PS3.

In the toolbox go to the right till you see CEX/DEX and down to the second option, as shown in the picture below.

[Tutorial] CEX 2 DEX Debug RT4_sml

Select Rewrite Target ID in Flash and follow propmts, don't fear the prompts will kind of scare you. If you followed above you will have no issue.

After that's done if you don't see it say LV2 Kernal has been swapped to DEX select the first option in CEX/DEX this will ensure the swap and system will reboot. Make sure you are in Rebug mode and all DEX setting are enabled in the toolbox

Debug settings on XMB under settings, this is a key part to make sure all runs well.

Make sure NP Environment is np

Boot Mode is System Software Mode

Network Settings for Debug is Single Settings

Now before going online there is one more thing that needs to be done and this is where at the moment I this there is a issue and the PS3ITA Manager V1.51 will come in hand.

UPDATE: PS3ITA Manager is no longer needed to set the IDPS, use PSN-Patch or Rebug Toolbox to set the IDPS

Try this before using the PS3ITA pkg, Go into your toolbox and go all the way to the right down to the bottom last option.

Change Active PS3ID, and select the CEX option different regions have different numbers here so I won't confuse you with the numbers just note to use the CEX option. In DEX mode this option will have to be reset every time you turn your CFW PS3 on, only if in DEX mode.

NOTE: Any changes to the CFW FW will need a new flash dump or there is risk of bricking the console

Last edited by Ŧг๏รtאץเ on 6/9/2015, 11:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)

http://www.team-psn.net

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝
Elite
Elite
HECK YES!

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
UPDATE: PS3ITA Manager 1.51 is no longer needed, IDPS can be set VIA PSN-Patch or Rebug Toolbox.

http://www.team-psn.net

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Share URL

URL Direct
BBcode
HTML