You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
(PS4) Sony Just Revealed More PS4 Games Than We Have Time to Talk About Medium

What the heck just happened?
Sony’s tagline for the PlayStation 4 may be ‘For the Players’, but it’s definitely not ‘For the Poor Push Square Writers’. As excited as we are by the prospect of a bazillion new next-gen releases, we didn’t exactly want to see them appear at the end of a 14-hour or so marathon shift. Nevertheless, life often deals less than ideal hands, so we suppose that we’d best just suck it up and begin typing.
The news comes courtesy of an internal showcase anchored by developer relations executive Adam Boyes, and really reaffirms the Japanese giant’s system as the king of indie content. While the list will prompt an eye-roll or two from those only in the market for boxed releases, there’s some outstanding stuff here – and it’s the wealth of content that’s perhaps most impressive.
Talk is cheap, though, so what’s actually on the way? Well, for starters, the firm has confirmed that hardcore platformer Spelunky will be making the jump to next-gen, and will be free if you’ve already purchased it on the PlayStation 3 or Vita. It’ll be joined by procedurally generated role-playing game Chasm, which has some really slick 16-bit style visuals.
Less slick but no less addictive is Nidhogg, a side-scrolling fencing game that’s already caused quite a stir on other platforms. This wacky multiplayer title will be joined by the similarly zany Escape Goat 2, a puzzle platformer that puts you in the hoofs of a cunning kid. And if that’s not weird enough, we don’t even know where to start with neon-infused multiplayer brawler Starwahl: Just the Tip.
Alas, we’re not done yet. Jamestown Plus is an ace co-operative bullet hell shooter set on Mars, which will be joined by intergalactic side-scroller Axiom Verge and space sim Drifter. Meanwhile, the gorgeous Source is a Metroidvania-style title with a Tron-inspired art style, while Apotheon is more of a two-dimensional brawler with a very distinctive art style.
Finally, Skulls of the Shogun will be familiar to all three of you with a Windows Phone, but for everyone else it's a turn-based strategy title developed by Galak-Z creator 17-Bit Studios. If that’s not enough strategy for you, though, Ironclad Tactics is card-based game set in the American Civil War – with robots thrown in for good measure. No, we’re absolutely not meching this up.
And that’s everything. We have to admit, as far as late night Wednesday announcements go, this one certainly isn’t to be sniffed at. We’ll have a lot more about all of these games shortly, but in the meantime, feel free to check out each game's respective PlayStation Blog post and trailer, which we’ve hooked up below. Can we go to bed yet?

Apotheon

Axiom Verge

Chasm

Drifter

Escape Goat 2

Ironclad Tactics

Jamestown Plus

Nidhogg

Skulls of the Shogun

Starwahl: Just the Tip

http://www.team-psn.net

☽lookinthemirror☾

☽lookinthemirror☾
Premium Member
Premium Member
Sony is smart by letting the Indie developers self-publish for PS4, that's a major difference this time around.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnr0ElP2pmA_LL-vc84xqwA

☆M i k h a i l☆

☆M i k h a i l☆
I'm not one for indie games. Tried most of the ones on Plus and was disappointed. I'm hoping to see PS3-like Plus for the PS4 soon enough.

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
M i k h a i l wrote:I'm not one for indie games. Tried most of the ones on Plus and was disappointed. I'm hoping to see PS3-like Plus for the PS4 soon enough.
yea good point the indie games are blah some are ok but it's like wtf!? lmao

☆M i k h a i l☆

☆M i k h a i l☆
FrOsTyXi™ wrote:
M i k h a i l wrote:I'm not one for indie games. Tried most of the ones on Plus and was disappointed. I'm hoping to see PS3-like Plus for the PS4 soon enough.
yea good point the indie games are blah some are ok but it's like wtf!? lmao
Sony have made it ridiculously easy to register as a indie developer for them. I'm hoping we won't see shit like with iOS where you have a bunch of random ass shit that is clearly just a money grab. I don't want my PS4 to be an overgrown smartphone.

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
omg so true i sure hope they don't do that ps4 would suck, i read something somewhere saying that they had tons of indie games coming, and i'm like wtf for? Keep making full platform games instead of wasting time with board games LOL

☆M i k h a i l☆

☆M i k h a i l☆
Yeah. I'm hoping this emphasis on indie is just because of the lack of AAA titles at the moment. The PS4 power need not unused by indie titles. Infamous SS showed what the PS4 can do and it wasn't even pushing the envelope.

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
Too right i played infamous and it was awesome, an like you said that is just a small bit of what PS4 can do. So i hope to see more like infamous and such, really looking forward to batman amongst other titles...

☆M i k h a i l☆

☆M i k h a i l☆
I hope Watch_Dogs impresses. Ubisoft's reputation is on the line. :lol: 

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
M i k h a i l wrote:I hope Watch_Dogs impresses. Ubisoft's reputation is on the line. :lol: 

Haha! you got that right, looks good. I'm waiting fr release and gt a solid review before getting it, but a bunch of friends have it preordered and are for real phyced about it.

☆M i k h a i l☆

☆M i k h a i l☆
FrOsTyXi™️ wrote:
M i k h a i l wrote:I hope Watch_Dogs impresses. Ubisoft's reputation is on the line. :lol: 

Haha! you got that right, looks good. I'm waiting fr release and gt a solid review before getting it, but a bunch of friends have it preordered and are for real phyced about it.
I pre-ordered because I wanted to trade in my 3DS and Pokemon Y since I was using neither anymore. I figure if it sucks, I can sell it to some poor sap on CL for 50 bucks and get something else.

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
Good point get something you will enjoy. *)

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝
Elite
Elite
I have watchdogs pre ordered and paid in full on ps4 but im deating if I should switch it to ps3 so I can mod it. because they will probably do the promotion with if you buy for ps3 you can pay $10 to get it for ps4

yoshiloves420

yoshiloves420
Premium Member
Premium Member
i pre ordered watchdogs and many others for the ps4 but had to sell ours off week after got it ...so lol i wana play it so bad

http://www.hightimes.com/

☆M i k h a i l☆

☆M i k h a i l☆
I like Watch Dogs but I don't see it having longevity for me. The multiplayer is strange and can actually get in the way of the campaign if you don't turn off online invasions. I might finish it and sell it. Ubisoft really had the potential to let us make our own characters and roam the cities, instead of a bunch of Aiden Pearce clones.

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝
Elite
Elite
im with you 100% on that. the driving was terrible, and the fact that they made a ps3 version hurt the graphics for ps4 because the ps4 version runs off ps3 graphics that are enhanced a little. definitely a huge difference between infamous and killzone shadowfall/infamous compared to watchdogs

☆M i k h a i l☆

☆M i k h a i l☆
I understand why they keep making PS3 stuff. The market is bigger and all that, but IMO, they should make games for PS4 and then scale down for PS3. Not the other way around. Nikky's hair was atrocious for next gen. Ubisoft generally suck at hair, but that was a new level up terrible :lol:

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝

✝жȿƹřρƹɲƮȿƹř˅ąɲƮж✝
Elite
Elite
LOL I heard that loud and clear

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Share URL

URL Direct
BBcode