A Place For Gamers By Gamers

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gommy

Gommy
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello, (I made this a while ago, maybe people struggle so i'll post it anyways)

Edit - Excuse the NGU logo etc in the video, i made this a while ago!

Before we start:
YOU NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN TO DO THIS, YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE WITHOUT AN E3 FLASHER, SO DONT ASK IF YOU CAN GET THIS ON OFW WITHOUT JAILBREAK, BECAUSE THE ANSWER IS NO - THE CLOSEST YOU CAN GET TO MODDING GTA 4 ON OFW WITHOUT JAILBREAK IS RED EYES SAVE EDITOR

Now the Tutorial, There is Written and a video:

Written Tutorial:
1. Load GTA and let it 'Install to the HDD' (If you havent already) and then quit the game.
2. Install multiman if you havent already and open it.
3. Download a mod menu, im using MD 18, But theres plenty out there: Pinkhouse, CJ's etc
4. Download Filezilla and open it
5. Open multiman and get your IP address in the right hand bottom corner and go to filezilla and put the ip into the box at the top that says 'HOST' and click 'QUICKCONNECT' and let it load everything up.
6. Then go to 'hdd0 then game then BLES(What ever your region in this case mine is BLES00229 and then open USRDIR and leave it there
7. Now on the left hand side panel locate the 'update.img' you downloaded and drag and drop that into the 'USRDIR' folder, an overwrite message will come up, just click 'OK' and let it overwrite the old 'Update.img' once its completed and says 'Successful transfers (1)' you can close filezilla and multiman.
8. *Optional* Load GTA and check everything is working.. theres no point transferring if you dont know if you have a menu or not
9. On BOTH PS3'S go to 'Network Settings' and then 'DISABLE INTERNET' to make the transfer safer.. and plug the ethernet cable into the back port on both ps3's so they a hooked up together.
10. On the CFW ps3 go to 'Data transfer utility' pick the 'FIRST' option and leave it at the screen that says 'OK' (As an option) then go to the 'OFW' ps3 and do the same 'Data transfer utility' but pick the 'SECOND' option, but WAIT.. as soon as you click 'X' on the second option, click 'X' on the cfw ps3 controller so they both search at the same time.
11. Now you must accept the data format so the transfer can happen.. then the screen will go black and then give you a transfer bar, like an update.. let that reach 100% after 100% it'll say complete and then click 'X' and done.
12. *NOW YOU MUST* On the OFW ps3, delete every pkg file on it, otherwise Sony can see them and its a high risk of a ban. Then enable internet and sign in. And then enable internet on your CFW and carry on using it like normal.

Video Tutorial:

*Now i really do recommend Disabling your internet before transferring and deleting all the pkgs off of your OFW before enabling your internet on it again*

Links:
Multiman - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Filezilla - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MD 18 (Open with Start) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

*Anything you do after transferring I am not responsible for*

Kind Regards,
Gommy

Ŧг๏รtאץเ

Ŧг๏รtאץเ
Founder
Founder
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sweet post man, and np with the NGU logo. Thank you for the post alot of people are clueless on this and this will help many!

http://www.team-psn.net

Gommy

Gommy
Premium Member
Premium Member
Ŧг๏รtאץเ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sweet post man, and np with the NGU logo. Thank you for the post alot of people are clueless on this and this will help many!

Thanks! I had no idea when i first done Data Transfer on PS3, so hopefully this will help alot of people!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Share URL

URL Direct
BBcode
HTML